The Hungate Community Fund is now launched and open for applications from community groups and small charities based in York.
The fund can provide grants up to £2000 (and in exceptional cases and at the discretion of the panel up to £5000) for a variety of projects
The closing date for the first round of applications is 14th November 2016
Groups need to:
· Be small local groups (as a general guide we consider small to be those with an income of less than
· £200,000 (in the last reporting year) run by local people.
· Be operating in the City of York (within the boundary of the area served by City of York council)
· Be mainly volunteer led
· Have limited access to other sources of income
· Have a constitution, including suitable dissolution clause
Priority will be given to projects which address the following areas of need:
· Reducing inequality & hidden poverty
· Improving health & wellbeing
· Reducing loneliness & social isolation
· Art & Culture
Further details about the fund and how to apply can be found on the Two Ridings Community Foundation website at http://www.trcf.org.uk/hungate-community-fund