A community sessions will be held at Hazel Court on Saturday 15 October which will be delivered between a number of council teams and external agencies including; the Neighbourhood Enforcement Team, Waste Management, York CVS and the Environment Agency.
There will be a series of presentations and you will be able to have practical demonstrations, and there will be displays and information on the following topics:
· The Council’s Winter Maintenance Programme, Members and residents will be able to see one of our gritting machines in action and look at the ways in which you can get involved at a local level.
· How to promote volunteering roles such as Snow Wardens, Litter Pickers, Graffiti removal within the city.
· How to enrol as a Flood Warden, including what the role involves through the Environment Agency
· York CVS’ “Ready for Anything” emergency response campaign – a follow up to the flood recovery work that the Council and CVS have been collectively working on
· Promoting the Council’s commitment to digital solutions and the customers ability to report issues directly through the online reporting tool plus the One Planet York App
· Promoting recycling and waste management
Residents are invited from 10.00-12.00 noon.